Big Sky Co-ed Softball League The Big Sky Softball League is committed to providing softball as a recreational opportunity for persons who live and work in the community. The league is primarily operated by volunteers in coordination with the BSCO.
2023 Season – Info Coming Soon/strong>
Team Rosters and Requirements: The league requires team managers to recruit players from within the community. Team members are required to live or work in Big Sky in the same calendar year.
- Team fees are $700 per team. Player fees $15/player. The fees must be paid before a team can play.
- Teams may consist of up to 25 players in any combination of male and female players. All players must be 18 years or older.
- The initial team rosters are due BEFORE the first game is played. Teams may add players to the roster through July 5th. The league will provide team managers with a complete roster for all teams thereafter.
- All players must sign the league required liability waiver and pay a $15 player fee upon registration. Players who have not signed the waiver may not participate in games and are considered non-roster players.
- A player may only be a roster player on one team.
- Team players are encouraged to have identification at the games in the event roster eligibility is questioned. A player unable to provide identification is disqualified from the game. A team may substitute for this player without penalty. If the player is subsequently found to be a non-roster player, the team is subject to the non-roster rules below including forfeiture of the game.
Rules of Play: The Big Sky Softball League has adopted American Softball Association (ASA) rules of play unless otherwise stated in the BSCO handbook to be reviewed prior to each season. These rules can be found at asa.org
Male/Female Ratio: The ASA rules require 5 male and 5 female players to be on the filed and in the batting lineup at all times. The Big Sky Softball League requires a minimum of 3 females to be on the field at all times and in the batting lineup.
Now hiring Umpires!
Apply to become a league umpire for the Summer 2022 softball season by sending a letter of interest to email@example.com. Please refer to the job description for more details.