BSCOVolunteer with BSCO
Make a difference for the Big Sky you love
Help create a healthier, happier, more connected community for everyone who lives, works, and plays in Big Sky.
Whether it’s for an afternoon or a whole season, it’s simple to get involved with BSCO! We appreciate the valuable time, talent, and energy only YOU can offer.
We have opportunities to volunteer year-round — including one-time special events, project work, and long-term commitments. Fill out the BSCO Volunteer Application or contact email@example.com and let us know what you’re passionate about, and we’ll help match you to great ways to make a positive impact.
- Winter and Summer Trail Ambassadors
- Race Committees
- BASE Hosts
- National Trails Day
- Youth Athletic Coaches
- Trail Maintenance Days
- Winter Grooming
- Historic Crail Ranch Museum Docents
2022 Special Event Volunteer Dates:
- April 22-23: Runoff Cleanoff, Pet Waste Clean-up with Gallatin River Task Force
- June 4: National Trails Day
- July 4: 4th of July Road Race
- July 8: Parks and Trails Gala
Winter and Summer Trail Ambassadors:
The ambassador program is a volunteer collective of trail enthusiasts who contribute to the Big Sky community trail system by providing educational opportunities and promoting safe, responsible, and enjoyable trail use. Trail Ambassadors provide a regular presence on the trails by hiking, biking, or skiing the trails, helping to answer questions for other trail users, and hosting information booths at various trailheads.
- Provide a high-quality trail experience
- Provide trails outreach and education to the community
- Increase volunteer and staff presence on the trails and at the trailheads
- Promote user safety and trail etiquette
- Monitor and Improve trail conditions
- Reduce multi-use conflict
Have a recent experience on our trails or in our parks to share with us?
We appreciate feedback from our community.
Submit the details of your Trail Ambassador volunteer work.
Historic Crail Ranch Museum:
The Historic Crail Ranch Conservators are looking for docent volunteers for guided tours May through September. If you have an interest in local history we encourage you to apply. Other ways to volunteer at Historic Crail Ranch include participating in local history projects and supporting us at our summer events.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.